5 Interesting facts about senior livingon
With senior living on the rise, there are quite a few things you would be surprised to know.
- Not all living facilities have 24/7 nurses- Assisted living facilities provide seniors with a sense of community going into old age and assist with day-to-day activities, such as remembering to take medication. This gives the senior an opportunity to still be independent.
- Assisted living is usually more affordable then nursing homes- nursing homes are the most expensive form of long-term senior care.
- In most facilities, pets are welcome- animals provide seniors with a sense of comfort as they transition into senior living. Assisted living communities recognize the benefits and impact that animals have on seniors, as they help them feel more at home.
- No need to stray away from your significant other. Most care homes will place couples together- separation from your significant other can cause you emotional stress. Most senior living communities can accommodate couples who wish to live together. Although living as a couple, each individual would pay for the care they need.
- Assisted living facilities work hard to accommodate individuals with memory- Dementia and Alzheimer’s are common with old age. There are many facilities that provide intensive support for seniors that might need extra help completing daily tasks.